- 3 slices of bacon
- 12 large, organic brussels sprouts (haved and stemmed)
- 1 TSP organic, extra virgin olive oil
- Pink Himalayan salt to taste
- freshly ground organic peppercorns
- 1 TBSP raw honey
- 1 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook bacon on an aluminum foil lined cookie sheet until well done but not brunt or too crispy, approximately 15 minutes
- Wash, stem and cut Brussels sprouts in half lengthwise, pat dry
- Reserve bacon grease when bacon is completed cooking. Place bacon on a dish lined with paper towel to absorb excess grease
- Line a new cookie sheet with fresh aluminum foil. Place prepared Brussels sprouts on the tray and drizzle with bacon grease and extra virgin olive oil and toss.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast Brussels sprouts for 15 minutes, turning once half way through roasting.
- Remove from oven and toss with honey and balsamic vinegar, crumble the bacon and add it to the Brussels sprouts, tossing again to combine all ingredients. Continue to cook for about 3-5 minutes
- Remove from the oven and toss the dried cranberries in and mix.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe is a perfect side dish and feeds 2-4 people pending serving size. The recipe can easily be adjusted to increasing servings as needed.