- 6 large eggs
- 4 TBSP coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1 TBSP dried organic oregano
- 1TBSP raw honey
- 1/2 cup thinly diced organic celery
- 1/4 cup minced organic yellow onion
- Pink Himalayan salt to taste
- Fresh ground organic peppercorns to taste
- 2 cans – 540 ml- of organic diced tomatoes
- 1 cup Italian blend of cheeses, shredded (mozzarella, Parmesan & Asiago.
- 3 English style muffins, toasted and buttered
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 9 x 12 glass baking dish, place the tomatoes, basil, oregano, honey, celery, onion, salt and pepper in the dish and mix.
- Make tiny wells with the tomato mixture and crack the eggs into the wells, the eggs will poach in the tomato mixture.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes, pending preference for the consistency of the eggs.
- Just prior to achieved “doneness” sprinkle shredded cheese over the poached eggs and bake for 5 minutes longer.
- Toast and butter the English muffins.
- Serve eggs & tomato mixture on top of the toasted English muffins.